The Society for Research on Adolescence, whose purpose is to promote the understanding of adolescence through research and dissemination, is in the process of defining its goals and vision in order to establish priorities, guide its decision-making, and proactively shape the future of the organization and the opportunities set before it.
Society for Research on Adolescence promotes the understanding of adolescence through research and dissemination.
Its mission is to:
- Foster high quality scholarship on adolescence;
- Encourage and foster global exchange and collaboration among adolescent researchers from diverse disciplines;
- Foster entry to and development of scholars and leaders in the study of adolescence;
- Provide professional development, networking opportunities, and leadership experience;
- Support research on underrepresented groups and research that encompasses the diverse contexts of adolescent development;
- Promote the effective use of research to enhance adolescent well being.
The SRA council and staff then outlined four primary goals to be achieved or addressed over the next three years. The goals reiterate the Society’s purpose at the time of its original formation and define and expand upon its organizational vision for the future.
- To maintain and continually enhance the quality and impact of the society’s publications and biennial meetings.
- To promote the diversity of scholars and scholarship focused on adolescence in all of the activities of SRA.
- To provide professional development activities, networking opportunities and leadership experiences for new professionals.
- To promote high quality science that is translated into a usable form for broader audiences
Approved by SRA Executive Council 3/07