Student Travel Awards
Emerging Scholar Student Travel Awards
The Emerging Scholar Committee of SRA is pleased to announce travel awards for student members who are presenting research at the 17th SRA Biennial Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to be held April 12 – 14, 2018.
Click [here] to apply. The deadline for applications is November 17th. Applicants will be notified in December of award decisions.
SRA will award 35 travel awards for North American and International students.
- Thirty travel awards will be awarded in the amount of $200. Students who are enrolled in both North American and international universities are eligible for these awards.
- Five travel awards will be awarded in the amount of $400. Only students who are enrolled in international universities are eligible for these awards. Preference will be given to students from developing nations.
Eligibility criteria require that the applicant be (a) a current undergraduate or graduate student, (b) a member of SRA, and (c) the first author on an accepted submission, and (d) attend the biennial meeting.
Students may receive only one travel award per biennial meeting year. Travel award recipients will collect their award at the registration desk upon arrival at the biennial meeting. Students must attend the biennial meeting in order to receive their award. In addition, award winners will be required to attend the SRA business meeting and Emerging Scholar community meeting. The money may be used to pay for any conference expenses (i.e., hotel, food, travel, etc.) other than conference registration. No expense receipts are required.
Selection criteria of the travel awards are as follows, in order of priority:
- Students with the highest numerical score from reviewer ratings on their accepted biennial meeting submission(s).
- Students who are first author on more than one accepted submission.
- Students who have been members of SRA for one year or more.
- Students who live the furthest distances from the biennial meeting site.
SRA hopes the travel awards will offer students much-needed financial support to attend the biennial meeting, promote outstanding scholarly work from students, and reflect the mission of SRA to provide training and development for young professional members.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email us at email@example.com.